It has been a couple of weeks since our last update and a lot has happened since then, which will hopefully provide you with some things to look forward to, COVID permitting.
The first thing to update you on is, Competition Admin:
- COVID– all our events will be run in accordance with the Government, R&A, National Governing Bodies and individual clubs guidance and requirements on running a COVID safe event.
- Contactless golf – we have invested in tournament software, which will enable us to run contactless competitions, all players will be required to use the Golf Genius app, to record and submit your scores.
- WHS – we have applied to be a WHS tournament partner with England golf, to ensure we can download your Handicap Indexes and upload your scores to your WHS records after the competition has been finalised. We have enquired on both Scotland and Wales websites about this option.
- Prizes and Post Round Socialising – We anticipate this to be limited this year, so we will not be offering post round meals and there will be no prize giving.
Now for some things to look forward to, we have got some dates and course details for your diaries and have created a portal for each competition, where there is a link to all the WOTT events.
STROKEPLAY COMPETITONS 2021
We are excited to announce that we have 4 great courses hosting our Strokeplay Competitions, click on the course name to go to the competition portal for each one:
- Tuesday 25th May, MILL RIDE in Berkshire, registration open 15th Feb, for full members, 17th for associate members
- Monday 28th June, HIGH POST, Wiltshire, registration open 1st March, for full members, 3rd for associate members
- Wednesday 11th August, BROMBOROUGH, The Wirral, registration open 1st March, for full members, 3rd for associate members
- Wednesday 15th September, LEAMINGTON AND COUNTY, Warwickshire, registration open 1st March, for full members, 3rd for associate members
All registrations will close 4 weeks before the competition date.
We are looking at the potential for a Strokeplay in October and possibly a 4BBB in November, if there is interest and a course available.
Each competition will have a separate registration for 2 main age groups,
- Senior Amateur Women, 50 and over, with 60 places
- Amateur Women, 49 and younger, with 12 places
Note: If either is over subscribed on the closing date and there are places in the other age range then anyone on the wait list will be allocated a place from the other tee times. It will be one field, the results will be split into the 2 main categories, then further divided in to smaller age groups.
We are working with the WPGA to create and run a Ladies Pro-Am in the south of England and also working on running the postponed Scottish one from 2020, dates to be announced in due course.
We have 5 courses interested in hosting WOTT events.
One of our commitments is to offer a central point for all women’s competitive golf and with this in mind, we have created a diary of events, which list Regional, National and International Championships, this can be found HERE on our website
Order of Merit
We are looking at current models and working out a simple model for us to use in this first year and will be reviewed, tweaked for 2022, if necessary.
There will be 2 annual memberships, Full and Associate, we are working on setting these up and will update you with more information as soon as we can.
Subject Matter Experts
We have been talking to a couple of Subject Matter experts, with a view to them contributing to the website:
- Rules– we have a rules expert, who sits on the R&A Rules committee, who has agreed to provide us with Rules advice, expertise and knowledge to keep us right.
- Golf Performance – we have a Sport and Golf Performance coach, who was agreed to provide knowledge around this area.
- Competitive Golf – We have a broad group of women golfers including Senior Elite Women Golfers, past national players and past champions providing feedback and guidance.
Our plan is to create an online community to compliment the website and we will be launching this in mid February.
Hopefully, you can see that we are moving along quite swiftly and are encouraged by the positive feedback and tremendous support we have for this new adventure.
We will be back in touch with more news in due course.
Thank you for your support and look forward to welcoming you to a WOTT event in the future.
Julie & Team,
Women on The Tee
PS: Please forward to your golfing friends, the more the merrier.
Sign up for the latest news HERE or click on the button below